The pediatric neurosurgeons at Weill Cornell have extensive experience in treating Chiari malformations in children and young adults, and the surgical program has produced excellent outcomes. We consult with patients and their families to provide evaluations and recommendations, we confer with physicians and neurologists about referrals, and we encourage families to connect with our former patients for one-on-one support. (See Information for Parents to connect with other families through our Parent-to-Parent program.) If surgery is indicated, our pediatric neurosurgery service will provide expert, compassionate care, from pre-surgical counseling through recovery and beyond.
Chiari Malformation In Depth
The Weill Cornell Chiari program offers an exhaustive online library of information about Chiari malformation, including:
- Chiari Malformation: Detailed information on symptoms, diagnosis, and surgical treatment
- Medical Minutes: A video segment explaining the condition and its treatment
- We Conquered Chiari: Personal stories and videos from patients
- Pictures of Chiari: Illustrations and MRI scans that can help you better understand the condition
- Frequently Asked Questions: The answers to common questions about Chiari and its treatment